Re: Europa-List: Throttle cables with solid inner (piano wire)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Throttle cables with solid inner (piano wire)
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 20:30:28

Hello Paul.

My query about solid strand cable was just that . . . . a query. I
have never had an issue with kinking. While my mate and I were working
on the carbs recently, we damaged a cable and I was only considering
replacment with the solid wire arrangement.

I have now purchased some Teflon lined bicycle brake cable with stranded
inners, am in the process of reusing the end fittings inside the
throttle housing and have practiced (on the old cable) cutting the inner
cable using the twist weld method referenced on the list recently by Ron
Parigoris. I must say the twist weld method works brilliantly to stop
fraying and adds no thickness at all to the cable end making it a breeze
to insert in the clamps at the carby end.

Thank you for your concern Paul, much appreciated.

Best
Kingsley