Re: Europa-List: Throttle cables with solid inner (piano wire)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Throttle cables with solid inner (piano wire)
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 13:03:25
.....ditto..... and i reverted my purchased classic back to smooth problem f
ree stranded after the solid broke (!).

:-)

> On Jun 16, 2020, at 12:49 PM, Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> =EF=BB
> Kingsley, mate I hope you don't mind me saying but you are trying to fix s
omething that isn't broken.  :)

> I had great success by shortening my cables to a more appropriate length a
nd over the years there  hasn't been a hint of an issue with kinking.

> Cheers, Paul
>
>> On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 11:44 PM Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au
> wrote:
>> For those who have been there and done it . . . . . .  Piano wire vs stra
nded
>> Did you replace the outer as well as the inner cables?
>> What thickness is the required inner piano wire?
>> Where do you obtain the piano wire?
>> Did you use the existing fittings on the ends of the cables inside the th
rottle box?  if so, how did you do the change over from the original strande
d inner to the solid inner?