Europa-List: Re : IFR certification

Subject: Europa-List: Re : IFR certification
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 11:17:17
Hi Jeff,

There is a good link on this subject at
https://www.eaa.org/eaa/aircraft-building/intro-to-aircraft-building/frequently-asked-questions/equipping-a-homebuilt-for-ifr-operations

I am not an IFR pilot but I have done 40 plus hours of training in my
monowheel. My instructor was very happy with the plane and called it "a
good IFR platform". I chose not to take the check ride as I decided not
to fly single pilot IFR. A major reason for that is that I found the
plane to be fairly neutral on heading and I was not happy to find myself
10 to 15 degrees off course if I groped around in the back for
something. I have now fitted a heading autopilot driven by my Dynon D10A
which works very well following the pink line on my Garmin 430 so that
addresses that primary concern. I really have no need for IFR and am
happy to leave it that way.

Anyway, I am not aware of any certification requirement apart from an
entry in the logbook regarding compliance with 14 CFR Part 91, section
91.205.

Cheers, John

/From: Jeff B //<topglock@cox.net>////
/

/Subject: Europa-List: IFR certification Good morning all, I'm wondering
if someone out there has any information on certifying the Europa for
IFR flight (in the USA). Is there a statement in the operating
limitations that might mention this? I've a person interested in my bird
who is asking about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You, /

/-- Jeff /