RE: Europa-List: Weight and balance

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Weight and balance
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 18:54:15
It is rare to have a Rotax 912S or 914 tail heavy.
If your aircraft has a very light panel, a 912 (80HP) no exhaust muffler, i
s equipped with a light weight wood prop and the battery in the rear, I wou
ld expect that may happen.

(Typically a mono tail wheel weight is around 80 pounds.  Your 30-40 pounds
 sounds like you put in S-Tec servos from 1970 in the rear, made com wire a
nd antenna out of #2 cable to get that heavy.  Also, a Deutz tractor gasola
tor (about 10 pounds) from 1965 added also would increase the tail weight t
hat much.)

Solutions:
Move the battery in the rear to the pax footwell.
A constant speed propeller is expensive but ideal if you need weight.  Airm
aster 332 3 blade 26 pounds)
If you added heavy structure for autopilot servos that weighs 10 pounds api
ece, get rid of them.

Finally:
Recheck your scales.  (I always stand on mine each to make sure each scale
is dead on and still calibrated well right before I weigh.)
Always make sure the tare weight of structure raising the tail to level fli
ght is subtracted out.  Check the math.
Make sure the fuel tank is empty.

Keep us posted.  It=92s probably just a math and weight error.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Window