Re: Europa-List: Weight and balance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Weight and balance
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 09:21:45
hi Bill,

Thats a switch, i kept hearing the need to weight in the tail, with airmaste
r props, batteries, and 914's up front.  What engine are your running?

Hoping for a light turbo 120hp 4-cyl d-motor in mine, i was prepared to exte
nd the engine forward as (if) required.

Cheers,
Pete

> On Mar 24, 2019, at 7:15 AM, Bill <europa10@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> After 20+ years I am now close to finishing my monowheel classic.
>
> Initial weight and balance shows the aircraft is tail heavy and needing 30
 =93 40 pounds of weight added in the engine compartment to get the CG
 where I want it.  The current empty weight is 801 pounds.

> I would like to ask what others have experienced, where they added weights
, etc.  Currently I=99m planning on adding weight on top of the Rotax g
ear box as there are available bolt holes and room for the weight (5x5 steel
 bar).