Re: Europa-List: Re: switch for Flap motor

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: switch for Flap motor
From: Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 17:05:45

I have a flap switch up/off/down I have to hold it for up or down. Its never
been
a problem in use 700hrs +. Plenty of time to do everything else as well. Its
mounted on the tunnel not the panel so no mix ups in use.

Kevin Challis
G ODJG

> On 21 Jan 2019, at 14:46, John Wighton <john@wighton.net> wrote:
>

> I'm in danger of answering my own questions!
>
> As Bob pointed out Aircraft Spruce stock a range of switches.  I found this
> one
> https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/electronicsflapcontroller.php
>
> Which seems to be ideal for my needs.  It does not requires a position pot or
sensor on the flap drive (no extra wiring).  It is calibrated (set) via a
combination
of push buttons.

> It enables 0, mid and full flap positions at a single push.  What is even
> better
is the fact it lits up - hence (potentially) being acceptable for LAA IFR
fit.