Europa-List: Re: Vertical play at stabilator tips

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Vertical play at stabilator tips
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 11:57:27

Duncan, interesting info on the experience you had with the stiffening member
behind
the bulkhead as I did. True that there could be a bit of point load on the
skin from this rib and cause, as in your case, paint to crack. Mine is mounted
on a flange glassed to the side skin so maybe I won't have those cracking
issues. The top one though is just floxed near the bond flange so it could cause
a little strain and cracking of paint at the bond line. Time will tell.

I have mixed feelings about these two ribs. I hate complicating things and
adding
weight (although in this case not too much). But they do seem to work by keeping
the skins that hold the bearings from flexing. It's amazing how little it
takes to move those bearings.

Chris

Read this topic online here: