Re: Europa-List: Re: Vertical play at stabilator tips

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Vertical play at stabilator tips
From: ami-mcfadyean@talktalk.net <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 17:25:42

...<<if you see anything I did wrong let me know :)>>
Re. Stiffener rib behind aft bulkhead at bonding flange level:
I incorporated similary, slightly longer for-aft. It greatly stabilised the
lower
fus during construction resulting in well aligned TP bearings. In early flights,
hairline cracking appeared in the paint film on the outer skin at the location
of the web. So I cut out the web and the hairline cracks have progressed
no further.

Duncan McF.