Europa-List: Re: Removable Instrument Panel mod 63

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Removable Instrument Panel mod 63
From: clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 07:21:21

Hi William, have you considered using plywood instead of Aluminium?  It is so
much
easier to cut and shape and can also be lighter and stiffer than the metal
solution.  My inspector was quite happy with it and the a/c is all signed off/it
all works fine.  I used 3/16 ply skinned with 2 layers of BID each side -
though i also applied ash veneer on the cockpit-facing side before applying BID
on that side.  Peel-plying it also gave a nice matt/non-reflective surface.
As the Epoxy ages it will go more yellow, but i anticipated that/am happy with
it.  Just a thought.

Read this topic online here: