Re: Europa-List: Re: Removable Instrument Panel mod 63

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Removable Instrument Panel mod 63
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 09:25:15

Just a thought.

I used good quality hole saws, a pillar drill set to a low speed and lots of
drilling
lubricant to get good results in the aluminium.

Alan

Sent from my iPad

> On 30 Oct 2017, at 08:52, BobD <rjd@bobdawson.plus.com> wrote:
>

> Hi William,
> When I bought a replacement panel from Europa, I found that it did not fit, as
the original builder had used a modified module. Karen was good enough to take
it back.
> I decided to design my own, using s a free 2D autocad system (Draftsight).
> This
had several advantages. I could play with various layouts to find the best
for my needs. I could also have it laser cut using the output to get clean holes
for the instruments and switches. I had the design cut in MDF initially, so
I could check that everything fitted correctly, before having the final panel
cut from aluminum. This resulted in some minor changes, before the final cut.
> Several other forum members were kind enough to send me their CAD layouts,
> which
I altered to suit my needs, and I would be happy to do the same now. This
saved a lot of time , as the measurements for instruments, switches etc. didn't
need to be re-entered, I could do a lot of cut & paste.