Europa-List: Re: Removable Instrument Panel mod 63

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Removable Instrument Panel mod 63
From: BobD <rjd@bobdawson.plus.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 01:52:43

Hi William,
When I bought a replacement panel from Europa, I found that it did not fit, as
the original builder had used a modified module. Karen was good enough to take
it back.
I decided to design my own, using s a free 2D autocad system (Draftsight). This
had several advantages. I could play with various layouts to find the best for
my needs. I could also have it laser cut using the output to get clean holes
for the instruments and switches. I had the design cut in MDF initially, so I
could check that everything fitted correctly, before having the final panel cut
---From aluminum. This resulted in some minor changes, before the final cut.
Several other forum members were kind enough to send me their CAD layouts, which
I altered to suit my needs, and I would be happy to do the same now. This saved
a lot of time , as the measurements for instruments, switches etc. didn't
need to be re-entered, I could do a lot of cut & paste.

--------
Bob Dawson
XS TG || 912 ULS || G-NHRJ

Read this topic online here: