Re: Europa-List: Re: Removable Instrument Panel mod 63

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Removable Instrument Panel mod 63
From: David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 10:12:01

I have done both my avionics and instrument panels with 1.5mm Carbon sheet.

Dave Watts
G-BXDY Classic Mono 912S   2440 hours

> On 30 Oct 2017, at 09:32, JohnFrance <77alembert@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi William,
> I recently installed a Trig radio and transponder on the right hand side of my
instrument panel.
> I did buy the aluminium panel from Europa but in the end I made the panel out
of 2 mm thick carbon fibre, the cut-outs were done using water jet. I think 1.5
mm carbon plate would be sufficient.
> I put the control heads in the panel and the rest behind the baggage bay
> bulkhead
in my classic.
> It was necessary to rewire the trim to allow the panel to hinge down for
> access
and of course all the other electrical items on the that panel.