Re: Europa-List: Rebuilding my panel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rebuilding my panel
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 19:03:24

Pete, I can only answer your first question when I have flown it, but
there is I believe a setting up whilst straight & level for the G5 and
it is on a Can bus with the G3X system and subservient to that whilst it
is switched on so I do not anticipate problems of that sort. The G3X
needs an extra module to give all engine data and has to be set up to
display it. I positively did not want that, preferring to keep my engine
data separately, with purpose designed warning system and not cluttering
my EFIS.

Regards, David

On 2017-09-07 18:51, Pete wrote:

> Looks great! Did the G5 give any issues since the panel is canted in relation
to the direction of travel? Can it be calibrated to accommodate? Im also curious
what the G3x does without engine instruments, is it just missing from the
menus?

> Cheers and thx,
> Pete
> A239
>
> On Sep 7, 2017, at 4:36 AM, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>
> Pete, A preliminary picture - not set up yet - still thinking I am in US
> (although
it has worked that one out now). My old 496 kept for sentiments sake and
because plenty of room on panel. Incidentally my new Beringer brake system also
shown.

> Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ
>
> On 2017-09-07 00:15, Pete wrote:
>
> Pictures! Pictures! :-)
>
> (please of course)
>
> Cheers and thx,
> Pete
> a239
>
> On Sep 6, 2017, at 4:11 PM, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>
> Gert, I am at the very end of installing just such a system - a G3X touchMFD
(GDU450), a GNC255, a remote GTX 45R transponder, a GPS 25 remote certified GPS,
an ADRH, two Garmin autopilot servos and a G5 as a back up for the system.
The LAA previously insisted on steam age ASI & altimeter as back up but now
accept
the G5 as back up for those as well of course as back up horizon, VSIand
GPS course. I will happily talk to you off line about it. I have been advised
by Manuel Querioz who has been writing a series in the LAA magazine about
constructing
the ideal panel culminating in just such a selection. It all looks very
pretty but I still have the commissioning and testing to do.

> Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ
>
> On 2017-09-06 17:01, Gert Dalgaard Srensen wrote:
>

> Hi
>
> I am planning to rebuild my panel this coming winter after I have been flying
700 hrs during ten years with the current configuration.
> Planning to take away all vacuum and build a new panel around a Garmin G3X
> Touch
with remote autopilot, transponder, com-radio and GPS.
> Have a little challenge in planning this operation...
> Cannot find an on-line tempplate for the 7" G3X, and what about the
> wire-harness
...?
> Do I build that myself, or .. ?
> Would very much like to get in contact with other Europa builders who have
> been
working with this system from Garmin.

> Regards
> Gert
>
> OY-GDS - 914 - Wood-comp, and still smiling ... :)
> ttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
> ics.com [1]
> .com
> .matronics.com/contribution [2]