Re: Europa-List: Rebuilding my panel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rebuilding my panel
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 15:34:45
Thx, looks great!

(And do please keep us posted with all your installation experiences :)

Cheers and thx,
Pete
A239

> On Sep 7, 2017, at 2:03 PM, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>
> Pete, I can only answer your first question when I have flown it, but ther
e is I believe a setting up whilst straight & level for the G5 and it is on a
 Can bus with the G3X system and subservient to that whilst it is switched o
n so I do not anticipate problems of that sort. The G3X needs an extra modul
e to give all engine data and has to be set up to display it. I positively d
id not want that, preferring to keep my engine data separately, with purpose
 designed warning system and not cluttering my EFIS.

> Regards, David
>

>> On 2017-09-07 18:51, Pete wrote:
>>

>> Looks great!  Did the G5 give any issues since the panel is canted in rel
ation to the direction of travel? Can it be calibrated to accommodate?  Im a
lso curious what the G3x does without engine instruments, is it just missing
 from the menus?

>> Cheers and thx,
>> Pete
>> A239
>>
>>> On Sep 7, 2017, at 4:36 AM, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>>>
>>> Pete, A preliminary picture - not set up yet - still thinking I am in US
 (although it has worked that one out now). My old 496 kept for sentiments s
ake and because plenty of room on panel. Incidentally my new Beringer brake s
ystem also shown.

>>> Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ
>>>

>>> On 2017-09-07 00:15, Pete wrote:
>>>

>>> Pictures! Pictures!  :-)
>>>
>>> (please of course)
>>>
>>> Cheers and thx,
>>> Pete
>>> a239
>>>
>>> On Sep 6, 2017, at 4:11 PM, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>>>
>>> Gert, I am at the very end of installing just such a system - a G3X touc
hMFD (GDU450), a GNC255, a remote GTX 45R transponder, a GPS 25 remote certi
fied GPS, an ADRH,  two  Garmin autopilot servos and a G5 as a back up for t
he system. The LAA previously insisted on steam age ASI &  altimeter as back
 up but now accept the G5 as back up for those as well of course as back up h
orizon, VSIand GPS course. I will happily talk to you off line about it. I h
ave been advised by Manuel Querioz who has been writing a series in the LAA m
agazine about constructing the ideal panel culminating in just such a select
ion. It all looks very pretty but I still have the commissioning and testing
 to do.

rensen?= <stabelvej9@gmail.com>

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am planning to rebuild my panel this coming winter after I have been f
lying 700 hrs during ten years with the current configuration.
>>> Planning to take away all vacuum and build a new panel around a Garmin G
3X Touch with remote autopilot, transponder, com-radio and GPS.
>>> Have a  little challenge in planning this operation...
>>> Cannot find an on-line tempplate for the 7" G3X, and what about the wire
-harness ...?
>>> Do I build that myself, or .. ?
>>> Would very much like to get in contact with other Europa builders who ha
ve been working with this system from Garmin.