Re: Europa-List: Rebuilding my panel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rebuilding my panel
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 21:11:47

Gert, I am at the very end of installing just such a system - a G3X
touchMFD (GDU450), a GNC255, a remote GTX 45R transponder, a GPS 25
remote certified GPS, an ADRH, two Garmin autopilot servos and a G5 as a
back up for the system. The LAA previously insisted on steam age ASI &
altimeter as back up but now accept the G5 as back up for those as well
of course as back up horizon, VSIand GPS course. I will happily talk to
you off line about it. I have been advised by Manuel Querioz who has
been writing a series in the LAA magazine about constructing the ideal
panel culminating in just such a selection. It all looks very pretty but
I still have the commissioning and testing to do.

Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2017-09-06 17:01, Gert Dalgaard Srensen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am planning to rebuild my panel this coming winter after I have been flying
700 hrs during ten years with the current configuration.
> Planning to take away all vacuum and build a new panel around a Garmin G3X
> Touch
with remote autopilot, transponder, com-radio and GPS.
> Have a little challenge in planning this operation...
> Cannot find an on-line tempplate for the 7" G3X, and what about the
> wire-harness
...?
> Do I build that myself, or .. ?
> Would very much like to get in contact with other Europa builders who have
> been
working with this system from Garmin.

> Regards
> Gert
>
> OY-GDS - 914 - Wood-comp, and still smiling ... :)

Links:
------
[1] http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
[2] http://forums.matronics.com