RE: Europa-List: seat base foam blocks

Subject: RE: Europa-List: seat base foam blocks
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2017 09:31:59
Ditto!

Brian, G-DDBD

From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Sent: 01 April 2017 20:51

Rowland, My naked blue foam blocks have survived perfectly for 15 yrs!
Don't add unecessary weight!

Regards, David, GXSDJ

On 2017-04-01 20:03, Rowland Carson wrote:

<rowlandcarson@gmail.com>

Way back in chapter 17 of the manual, there was a paragraph thus:

"Using scrap blue foam, make up spacers to fill the areas each side of
the control tunnels, so that a flat surface results for the seat pans"

I've carved foam blocks that fit nicely in the recesses but I feel that
bare blue foam is a bit prone to damage. I'm inclined to coat each block
in a single layer of BID (with flox corners and all that good stuff).
Yes, it will add a bit of weight, but I think it might prevent the need
to re-make the packing blocks after some time in service.

Has anyone else any thoughts about the advisability or otherwise of this
course of action?

in friendship

Rowland

| <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>            http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk