Re: Europa-List: seat base foam blocks

Subject: Re: Europa-List: seat base foam blocks
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 20:50:54

Rowland, My naked blue foam blocks have survived perfectly for 15 yrs!
Don't add unecessary weight!

Regards, David, GXSDJ

On 2017-04-01 20:03, Rowland Carson wrote:

> Way back in chapter 17 of the manual, there was a paragraph thus:
>
> "Using scrap blue foam, make up spacers to fill the areas each side of the
> control
tunnels, so that a flat surface results for the seat pans"

> I've carved foam blocks that fit nicely in the recesses but I feel that bare
blue foam is a bit prone to damage. I'm inclined to coat each block in a single
layer of BID (with flox corners and all that good stuff). Yes, it will add a
bit of weight, but I think it might prevent the need to re-make the packing
blocks
after some time in service.

> Has anyone else any thoughts about the advisability or otherwise of this
> course
of action?

> in friendship
>
> Rowland
>
> | Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
> | <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk [1]
> | Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson

Links:
------
[1] http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk
[2] http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List