Re: Europa-List: seat base foam blocks

Subject: Re: Europa-List: seat base foam blocks
From: Mike Christine Duane <DuaneFamly@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 13:16:52

How did you handle your fuel filters that go there?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 1, 2017, at 12:03 PM, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Way back in chapter 17 of the manual, there was a paragraph thus:
>

> Using scrap blue foam, make up spacers to fill the areas each side of the
> control
tunnels, so that a flat surface results for the seat pans

> Ive carved foam blocks that fit nicely in the recesses but I feel that bare
> blue
foam is a bit prone to damage. Im inclined to coat each block in a single
layer of BID (with flox corners and all that good stuff). Yes, it will add a bit
of weight, but I think it might prevent the need to re-make the packing blocks
after some time in service.

> Has anyone else any thoughts about the advisability or otherwise of this
> course
of action?