Europa-List: Considering the purchase of a 2nd hand kit

Subject: Europa-List: Considering the purchase of a 2nd hand kit
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 14:32:56

Hello europa List members. My name is Chris Martin and new to the list (but not
to homebuilt aircraft) I own a LongEZ and a Kolb Firestar II which I enjoy
flying
several times a week.

I am exploring the purchase of a 2nd hand Europa XS Monowheel kit. The kit is
advertised
a complete with essentially no work done to it. I am thinking about
flying my LEZ to go see it this weekend.

I have always been attracted to the Europa. I fly gliders too so the prospect of
at one point retrofitting glider wings is very attractive. The other plane I
have been considering is the Zenith 650.

But the first mission for this plane would be to fly with my kids on a side by
side plane and possibly teach them how to fly (I am a CFI). I also want to fly
---From grass which I can't do in the LEZ. How good is the Europa for these
roles?

Last, if I go this weekend to see the kit, how can I check that it is complete?
I read a couple of postings that indicated the factory doesn't have a list but
some members of this forums do.

Thanks for the help.
Chris Martin
Port Orange, FL USA