Europa-List: Re: Forward white light choice UK

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Forward white light choice UK
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 03:45:51

Jonathan,

I had a forward facing ACL installed in my XS-cowl just below the spinner. It
costed
me 370 Euro and worked for about one year. Replaced it with the same model
and that broke after another year for whatever reason (the manufacturer
suspected
cooling issues, although it had a seperate cooling inlet).

Now I changed to the other extreme and installed a conventional 20 W
chinese-made
model (4 LED without cooling inlet) for 8 Euro inclusive  shipping(!) and this
works flawlessly for half a year now - no interferences.

Maybe I had just bad luck with the expensive one - maybe....

That said, I still think, that a forward facing ACL is a nice thing to have from
a safety point of view.

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI