Europa-List: Forward white light choice UK

Subject: Europa-List: Forward white light choice UK
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 02:18:33

I'm thinking of installing a forward facing white light for conspicuity purposes
and would appreciate your advice. It seems that LED is what I need to meet the
requirements of low current drain, brightness and preferably small frontal
area. It will never need to provide illumination for landing in poor daylight.

While I'm sure that the choice is great in the USA, I'd rather not have to
import
and therefore I'm addressing my question to the UK pilot fraternity (and
sorority
as well).

A friend advises me to avoid those LED lights which state that they can cope
with
a wide voltage range, due to having active electronics which might cause a
little radio interference. Perhaps another factor is that the light should be
a "softer" white than the extreme whiteness of some LEDs which might be less
visible
on a bright day. Maybe!

Read this topic online here: