Re: Europa-List: Re: Engine rubber mounts

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Engine rubber mounts
From: Martin Tuck <MJKTuck@cs.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 07:01:52

Hi Remi,

You show quite a bit more rubber sticking out either side than I see on mine,
are
you sure the outer large washers are fully clamped between the spacers? The
rubber mounts don't seem fully compressed.

Martin Tuck

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 11, 2016, at 2:40 AM, Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr> wrote:
>

> Yesterday I started to remove stuff from the engine compartment with the
> intention
of compensating the sagging using washers to shim the engine mounts. What
I saw was worse than expected. See attached pictures. Obviously the new rubber
mounts are a lot softer than the old ones. I am even wondering if such a
configuration
is airworthy and I am looking for advice on that point.
> Now what to do? The best would be to replace the rubber mount by the right
> ones.
I questioned Europa-Swift: they keep saying the supplied rubbers are the same
as before, so I do not expect a solution from this side. Buying direct from
their supplier: does anyone know the supplier name and part number of those
rubber mounts?