Europa-List: Re: Whoops - loss of flap pin

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Whoops - loss of flap pin
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 12:28:10

it didn't shear off. As the flap moves through an angle there is a turning
moment
on this one. This is not true of the other pins. The rear wing pin has a nut
on the back and a pin through it. I haven't checked starboard flap pin yet.
It maybe that the turning tends to tighten that side and loosen the Port. And
it maybe that due to alignment perhaps there was some pressure on it.
I can only assume that in this case redux was omitted or sparse.  I cant recall
if the socket it goes is a bearing and whether lubrication should have been
regularly
applied. The other pins are greased.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY -  Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp 3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini 2 axis
ap, pflarm, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP 5, Aera500 &amp; SD on Nexus,
250 hours &amp; 4 years on the Mono, 880 total
g@gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here: