RE: Europa-List: Whoops - loss of flap pin

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Whoops - loss of flap pin
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 10:52:54

Hi Graeme,

I am glad that you got down safely.  I assume you are referring to the pin
screwed into the root of the flap and that you have confirmed that it is
missing.  Are you able to confirm that it came unscrewed rather than sheared
off?  Although this all ended safely the failure of this pin is a pretty
serious event and it is worth sharing the details so please let Malcolm
McBride or Andy Draper of the LAA know the results of your investigation.

Best regards

Brian Davies