Europa-List: Trim Tab Aerodynamic Filling

Subject: Europa-List: Trim Tab Aerodynamic Filling
From: Graeme Hart <graeme.hart@onecoolkat.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 09:47:04
Hi All

I'm just applying Mod 56 (Anti-Servo/trim tab drive pin replacement) and
need some advice.

My kit is approx a 1999 vintage and has had a number of previous builders,
one of them did a very nice job of applying what I believe was intended to
be some aerodynamic filling on the trim tab.  You can see the remnants of
it in the attached picture.

I had to remove about half of the filler to replace the drive pins.

I couldn't find any instructions in the build manual to fill this area and
wondered if I had missed something in the manual.  I'd also like to hear if
others have taken a similar approach.

Thanks
Graeme
[image: 20161016_210457-1.jpg]