Re: Europa-List: Re: Whoops - loss of flap pin

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Whoops - loss of flap pin
From: Donald Cameron <fireflier@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 16:33:33

Hi All

I notice that people are making reference to loctiting the wing pin/flap pins
into
place.  My understanding and reference to the manual chapter 26 page 3 these
pins have to be secured using a small quantity of araldite 420 on the pin
threads
and also the threads in the hole.

This is something that should become a regular maintenance check item, as the
consequence
of loosing these pins could have resulted in a completely different
outcome.

Kind regards
Donald
G-PUPY