Europa-List: 8.33khz and the Netherlands

Subject: Europa-List: 8.33khz and the Netherlands
From: Bob Hitchcock <bobhitchcock@icloud.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 08:18:20

Hi Marcel, Hi David

Approaching from the west and being aware suggests all could be OK for the Texel
scenario. Only those needing a service from an 8:33 class C would be  impacted.
When I last flew to Texel it was "route one" across the North Sea. I had De
Hooy as an option for contact. On the official link below De Hooy is not
available
to non 8:33 compliant aircraft from this month. If a route was chosen that
required a route, then the following list of stations would seem to be
important.
Always a disappointment to loose communication options, especially when
flying a long way over water with few options already.

List of Dutch stations (note due for update).  De Hooy is on the list of
stations
no longer available.

Citation 8:33