Re: Europa-List: 8.33khz and the Netherlands

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 8.33khz and the Netherlands
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 09:53:05
Thanks David I was aware of that, I initiated the NATS project to deal with 8
.33.

Not everyone is aware however and it would appear that it's not only class c
 airspace the Dutch are targeting but more important some people are not awa
re and ending up with problems.

Alan

Sent from my iPad

> On 26 Jul 2016, at 09:31, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>

> Alan, Since Jan 2014 8.33 has been compulsory for classC or above anywhere
 in Europe (see Flying in Europe on club website) We don't have class C but a
 lot of continental countries do and Holland in particular has lots.

> Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ
>

>> On 2016-07-25 22:17, Alan Burrill wrote:
>>

>> http://www.ais-netherlands.nl/aim/2016-06-09-AIRAC/eAIP/html/index-en-GB.
html

>> For those of you planning on a visit to Texel this year it's worth ensuri
ng you read AIC-A 02/2016.  The link above should take you there.

>> It would appear that some frequencies are being converted to 8.33khz oper
ation and unless you have the capability of selecting an assigned frequency y
ou may be refused access to the area you are wanting to cross.