Europa-List: Spring for bungee Conversion

Subject: Europa-List: Spring for bungee Conversion
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 10:07:09
Recently I visited Bud and very instructive it was too, thanks Bud.  I
recommend it.

For the spring conversion the factory says that the springs rub against the
upright (the upright that has the bump stop on the top against the frame)
 on the nose gear leg assembly and therefore you have to modify the nose
gear upright or get a new nose gear assembly.  Bud said not to worry about
that and indeed I saw a plane in his shop in which the springs were
contacting the upright.

What is the general experience?  Do I need to modify nose gear or is it
just the UK CAA being obsessive?

many thanks Will

William Daniell
LONGPORT