Re: Europa-List: Spring for bungee Conversion

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Spring for bungee Conversion
From: Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 20:32:53
No problems, a small amount of grease on the hook contact points.

Kevin Challis

> On 13 Jun 2016, at 16:07, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com> wr
ote:

> Recently I visited Bud and very instructive it was too, thanks Bud.  I rec
ommend it.

> For the spring conversion the factory says that the springs rub against th
e upright (the upright that has the bump stop on the top against the frame)
 on the nose gear leg assembly and therefore you have to modify the nose gea
r upright or get a new nose gear assembly.  Bud said not to worry about that
 and indeed I saw a plane in his shop in which the springs were contacting t
he upright.