RE: Europa-List: Spring for bungee Conversion

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Spring for bungee Conversion
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 20:01:30
Hi William,

Nothing to do with the UK CAA or the LAA being obsessive.  The LAA
standard mod was originally developed by Ian Rickard when he was the
Europa Club Mods expert.  When the first few aircraft were modified
(including mine) we discovered that some of the nose legs had uprights
that were not at right angles to the pivot.  This caused one of the
springs to foul the upright very badly.  The fix was to cut off the
upright, replace it with a smaller diameter tube and weld it back in an
upright position. This fix was approved by the LAA and, I think,
subsequently adopted by Europa Ltd.

Regards

Brian Davies