Re: Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 Airbox / Fuel Pressure Differential

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 Airbox / Fuel Pressure Differential
From: GTH <gilles.thesee@free.fr>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 09:39:14
/Le 10/06/2016  23:50, pestar a crit :
/
> Recently after just taking off 500AGL I watched my fuel pressure
> disappear to zero, then the motor started missing and ultimately
> stopped. I made a forced landing into a field which had many rabbit
> holes, one of which damaged my front leg./

Hi Peter,

Just heard about your mishap during a seminar in Paris two days ago.
Nicolas attended too.
Sorry about the damage to the airplane, and congratulations for getting
away unharmed.

>    My primary pump is always on and is turned on/off by an electronic ECB
> (button
pushes on the EFIS) so it is a procedure to turn it on,

This is a surprise to me. I believed your setup was identical to ours
with the main engine pump being turned on any time the ignition switch
is on ?

--
Best regards,
Gilles