Re: Europa-List: Tail plane torque tube assembly tips needed

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tail plane torque tube assembly tips needed
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 09:54:37

> On May 27, 2016, at 2:40 AM, Graeme Hart <graeme.hart@onecoolkat.com>
wrote:

> Another option which I will follow anyway for enlarging the holes to
take a 3/8" pin is to find someone who is an expert with metalwork and
get them to do the job.

Graemewhen I initially thought about enlarging for the 3/8=9D
 pins, I assumed I=99d just use my trusty drill
pressFORTUNATELY, before doing so, wiser heads prevailed and I
took the assembly to a machine shop where the work was expertly done.

Given that this assembly is a critical component for safe flight,
caution and care are called for to avoid a sloppy fit.

F.