Re: Europa-List: Tail plane torque tube assembly tips needed

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tail plane torque tube assembly tips needed
From: Graeme Hart <graeme.hart@onecoolkat.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 21:40:37
Thanks Alasdair

My kit is American but the original British paperwork has the serial
numbers 467 and 450 on it and is dated March 98 and March 99 so it is a
very similar vintage.

With the problems some have had with movement around the tube I don't mind
having a snug fitting tube.  The 230 pounds for a replacement and freight
half way around the world are also a strong motivator for finding a
solution using the existing parts.

I might try heating a room to 35 degrees C and putting the parts in there
for an hour or two to see if that loosens them up.  Another option which I
will follow anyway for enlarging the holes to take a 3/8" pin is to find
someone who is an expert with metalwork and get them to do the job.  Even
if I have to pay someone it will be cheaper than buying a new tube and I'll
know the job has been done properly.