Re: Europa-List: Tailplane torque Tube Assembly

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tailplane torque Tube Assembly
From: GTH <gilles.thesee@free.fr>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 11:50:57
/Le 28/05/2016  10:41, Graeme Hart a crit :
/
> /Good idea Tony, I'll try the bucket of boiling water approach
> tomorrow to separate the part I put on when it was very warm.  That
> also would make the logistics easier for me as my workshop is about
> 200m from the house.  It won't be hard to just carry a bucket of
> boiling water./
> /
> /
> /I was reluctant to use water because of ideas of rust but I guess
> dampness will get in there anyway so it shouldn't really matter./

Hi all,

Just thinking after having a look at the building manuals.
Dissassembly : how about shrinking the tube by pouring dry ice or
something very cold inside ?
Assembly : when I was fixing Triumph and BSA motorbike engines in
another life, we used to heat the cases in the family oven, or in hot
oil to allow dropping the ball bearing in place.
Also any hydraulic tool or press might come in handy.
FWIW

--
Best regards,
Gilles