Re: Europa-List: Avionics heat

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Avionics heat
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 06:04:46
I am also very impressed with my trig set. Extremely durable putting up with
 vibration in my little Hummel that slowly kills many of my other instrument
s.

Cheers,
Pete

> On Apr 22, 2016, at 5:53 AM, houlihan tim <houlihan@blueyonder.co.uk> wrot
e:

> Hi John.
>
> This is my configuration also and you are correct in that it frees up a lo
t of space in the panel, I am also happy with the Trig's performance, as a b
onus it moves the transmitters much closer to the aerials

> tim
>
>> On 22 April 2016 at 10:06 John Archer <77alembert@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> I have a very simple instrument panel in my aircraft but was conscious th
at there is not a lot of room behind the panel and it gets heat from the eng
ine and the sun beating down on it.
>> I recently changed the radio and transponder to the Trig TY91 and TT21 an
d put the "hardware" boxes in the back behind the D panel. This frees up a l
ot of space in the panel for air circulation and moves the heat source elsew
here. I think there are other manufacturers offering split systems as well b
ut I am happy with the Trigs performance.