Re: Europa-List: Avionics heat

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Avionics heat
From: John Archer <77alembert@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 11:06:31
I have a very simple instrument panel in my aircraft but was conscious that
there is not a lot of room behind the panel and it gets heat from the
engine and the sun beating down on it.
I recently changed the radio and transponder to the Trig TY91 and TT21 and
put the "hardware" boxes in the back behind the D panel. This frees up a
lot of space in the panel for air circulation and moves the heat source
elsewhere. I think there are other manufacturers offering split systems as
well but I am happy with the Trigs performance.

John