RE: Europa-List: Avionics heat

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Avionics heat
From: Ian Cook <iancook1@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 10:24:44
Hi Gary,

            I am the owner of the fist Europa Motor Glider flying in the UK
and am in the unbelievable position of still trying to get a valid Permit to
Fly, so far it has taken about 7 years!  (We don't have an experimental
category here. Yet).  The present problem is trying to get an increase in
maximum all up mass from 1370 to 1470 lbs. Noting the equipment you have in
your machine I wonder if you could tell me what mass you operate your
machine at, and if you are aware of any handling issues at high masses? Do
you operate with a restricted C of G range and or restricted VNe? We am
currently limited by the LAA to 127 knots VNe, C of G limits between 58" and
62.5"but the reasons for this seem to have been unspecified or lost in the
mists of time. The current empty mass of my machine is 989 lbs at a C of G
60".

If you prefer to come back off line my e-mail is iancook_1@hotmail.com
<mailto:iancook_1@hotmail.com> .

Look forward to hearing from yourself and very interested in any operating
issue advice that you can offer to help justify the current work going on in
the UK.

Best Regards

Ian Cook