Europa-List: Re: Tailplane Slop

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Tailplane Slop
From: Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.biz>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 04:56:51

Hi Roger / Donald

I am in the middle of embodying this mod although with larger bolts (I already
had Mod 62 pins fitted).
Did you use the AN960 washers under the bolts on TP9 and TP12?
The pictures appear to show the use of cuddle washers. I thought this might be
better and manufactured some cuddle washers from 4130 steel tube.
Also, did you paint / protect the nutplate in the torque tube or go with a
regular
spray of ACF50 or similar?

I also thought this was the best solution to the tailplane problem and would
recommend
this mod (although not tested in anger as yet).

My thanks also to Richard and Ian.

--------
Regards

Kelv Weston