Re: Europa-List: Tail wheel fork

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tail wheel fork
From: Gert Dalgaard Sørensen <stabelvej9@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 19:07:08

Must have mist something back in the stone age    :)

> Den 12. jan. 2016 kl. 19.03 skrev William McClellan <wilwood@earthlink.net>:
>

> Gert, it is what came with the kit.

the "pin for stop" didn't work very well and I converted to the Singleton tail
wheel set up.  Maybe only the Classic tail wheel fork was without the slot?
How has this open slot been dealt with as far as using the grease fitting and
pumping grease in, only to exit the slot?Bill

> -----Original Message----- From: Pete Jeffers
> Sent: Jan 12, 2016 1:28 AM
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
> Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tail wheel fork
>
> Hi Bill, I am unable to open your picture but I suspect the slot you refer to
is there as a range limiter for mono tailwheel range of movement. In that
configuration
a rollpin in the tail wheel pivot axle contacts each end of the slot
to limit rom.
> Hence the slot is standard and you will not find any other type than you
> already
have. By the way the stop never worked very well as the roll pin just sheared
off in service.
> Pete JeffersFrom: bill mcclellan
> Sent: 12/01/2016 06:31
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
> Subject: Europa-List: Tail wheel fork
>

> I have the tailwheel fork which has the slot cut out on the inside of the fork
which defeats the purpose of having an enclosed capsule to contain the grease.
Might there be anyone who has a tailwheel fork without the slot they are not
going to use, maybe because of converting from a mono to a tri.  I have attached
a picture to show the slot I am talking about.

> Additionally I have an unused mono aluminum rim, axle and brakes I am not
> going
to use if they are of interest to anyone.