Re: Europa-List: Tail wheel fork

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tail wheel fork
From: Gert Dalgaard Sørensen <stabelvej9@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 18:07:33
Where did you get that =9Cfork"?

Regards Gert
OY-GDS / Mono / 914 / Woodcomp

<wilwood@earthlink.net>:

> Thanks Pete.  I see the picture didn't attach, trying again here.  I
was aware the "pin for stop" didn't work very well and I converted to
the Singleton tail wheel set up.  Maybe only the Classic tail wheel fork
was without the slot?  How has this open slot been dealt with as far as
using the grease fitting and pumping grease in, only to exit the slot?
> Bill

refer to is there as a range limiter for mono tailwheel range of
movement. In that configuration a rollpin in the tail wheel pivot axle
contacts each end of the slot to limit rom.
> Hence the slot is standard and you will not find any other type than
you already have. By the way the stop never worked very well as the roll
pin just sheared off in service.

<wilwood@earthlink.net <mailto:wilwood@earthlink.net>>

> I have the tailwheel fork which has the slot cut out on the inside of
the fork which defeats the purpose of having an enclosed capsule to
contain the grease.  Might there be anyone who has a tailwheel fork
without the slot they are not going to use, maybe because of converting
---From a mono to a tri.  I have attached a picture to show the slot I am
talking about.

> Additionally I have an unused mono aluminum rim, axle and brakes I am
not going to use if they are of interest to anyone.

> Thanks,
> Bill
>

> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matrobsp <http://forums.matrobsp/>;        (And Get Some
AWESOME FREE G                         p;                     -Matt
Dralle, List Admin.