Re: Europa-List: Balance weights

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Balance weights
From: amimcfadyean@talktalk.net
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 03:26:20
=0AI had 14 lbs of lead bolted to the old tailwheel mount
at one point; the 1" 'railway' bolt that held it weighed >
1lb alone.=0AThe LAA didn't blink.=0A=0ADuncan McF.=0A=0A=0A=0A-----Or
iginal Message-----=0AFrom: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk=0ATo: europa-list@ma
tronics.com=0ASent: Sun, 24 May 2015 19:28=0ASubject: Re: Europa-L
ist: Balance weights=0A=0A=0APhil, My inspector and the LAA were
 entirely happy to have a lead block bolted on to the fr
ont of my sternpost - 3 lbs in my instance but they woul
d have accepted more. Have you worked out what the ideal p
osition of your C of G is? - that is one where you can
 accommodate any sensible combination of crew/fuel/luggage without
 needing to do calculations?=0ARegards, David Joyce, GXSDJ=0A =0A
 =0AOn 2015-05-24 15:22, Phil B wrote:=0A=0A--> Europa-List mess
age posted by: "Phil B" <daveporthcawl@aol.com>About to get m
y mono wheel weighed and balanced. 2 questions - where is
the best place to fix the weights. I thought of fixing som
e flat sheets of lead to the stern post but wondered if
it's strong enough or may be each side of the tail wheel
spring.hile I appreciate that each build is different can a
nyone give me a range of ballast weights I will expect to
need. At this stage I don't know whether to cater for 3lbs
 or 30lbs of ballast.Thanks in advance.hil Bit no. 03
2ono wheel Classic with XS fwf.ead this topic online
 here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=442528#442528
ttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-Listcs.commatronics.com/contribut
Browse, Chat, FAQ,-= Photoshare, and much much more:-=
-=   -- http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List-=-==
===========================
===========================
====-=               - MATRONICS
WEB FORUMS --= Same great content also available via the
Web Forums!-=-=   -- http://forums.matronics.com-=-=
=====-=             - List Contribu
tion Web Site --=  Thank you for your generous support!
-=
     -Matt Dralle, List Admin.-=   -- http://www.ma
tronics.com/contribution-==================