Re: Europa-List: Balance weights

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Balance weights
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 19:21:35

Phil, My inspector and the LAA were entirely happy to have a lead block
bolted on to the front of my sternpost - 3 lbs in my instance but they
would have accepted more. Have you worked out what the ideal position of
your C of G is? - that is one where you can accommodate any sensible
combination of crew/fuel/luggage without needing to do calculations?

Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2015-05-24 15:22, Phil B wrote:

> About to get my mono wheel weighed and balanced. 2 questions - where is the
> best
place to fix the weights. I thought of fixing some flat sheets of lead to
the stern post but wondered if it's strong enough or may be each side of the
tail
wheel spring.
> While I appreciate that each build is different can anyone give me a range of
ballast weights I will expect to need. At this stage I don't know whether to
cater for 3lbs or 30lbs of ballast.

> Thanks in advance.
> Phil B
> Kit no. 032