Re: Europa-List: mod 77 pushrod rudder drive query

Subject: Re: Europa-List: mod 77 pushrod rudder drive query
From: amimcfadyean@talktalk.net
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 03:08:15
Operationally with=C2-the Singleton tailwheel crank, I never had
 difficulty with adjustment by means of adding/removing the st
andard=C2-folded-steel chain links. It can be a bit of a f
iddle through a small inspection hole, but so is re-wirelockin
g turnbuckles!=0A=C2-=0A=C2-=0ADMcF.=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A
-----Original Message-----=0AFrom: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.
com>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Sat, 4 Oct 2014
0:30=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: mod 77 pushrod rudder drive
query=0A=0A=0AOn Oct 3, 2014, at 12:49 PM, Rowland Cars
on <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:=0ABefore I start the fi
ddly job of re-making cable thimbles on the springs (and thr
owing away the expensive turnbuckle fork ends), can anyone off
er thoughts on how the tailwheel cable turnbuckles can operate
 inside the fuselage without fouling the plastic fairleads?=0A
=0ARowlandI too envisioned the aft turnbuckles within
the fuselage, but after encountering the identical problem you
face, I also had concerns about my ability to make adjustmen
ts to them plus the essential safety-wiringconsequently,
my aft turnbuckles will be flying in the breezeF.=0A