Europa-List: door strut mods

Subject: Europa-List: door strut mods
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 17:43:17

Im thinking way ahead of what Im doing just now, but want to get prepared well
in time.

The standard door strut arrangement causes the doors to bulge away from the door
recess, as I observed while walking around the Europas parked at the LAA Rally
this year. I know there is a factory mod that addresses this (at a price) but
I recall at least one other solution being mentioned in this forum. However,
despite spending some time poking around in the Matronics archives with likely
keywords I havent managed to find a relevant posting.

Am I dreaming? Would the originator(s) of any such improvements care to stand up
& identify themselves? If the changes were successful, is there an LAA mod
number
(or even just the LAA project number) that I can quote if I seek to emulate
their work?

I dont suppose anyone has comparative experience of all the possible solutions,
but Im happy to hear opinions on what works best to stop the doors bulging up.

in friendship

Rowland