Re: Europa-List: Tinnerman washers on cowling

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tinnerman washers on cowling
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 10:54:28
Countersink the cowling enough to sit the Twasher flat on the cowl then fil
l to level it off=0Aand leave a recess for the rim of the washer. =0AEasy t
o do if you are obsessed with the boundary layer. Probably it is already di
sturbed=0Aby the thrashing propeller anyway so nice appearance is the only
advantage.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A From:
 Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com
=0ASent: Friday, 22 August 2014, 10:45=0ASubject: RE: Europa-List: Tinnerma
n washers on cowling=0A =0A=0A=0AI am in fact- ruminating about recessing t
he entire =0Aface of the tinnerman. I guess it's good to know I may be=C2
-overthinking this =0Aone. =0ARegards, and =0AGood luck with the final st
ages of your =0Abuild,=0AGreg (back on track)=0A=C2-=0A=0A_______________
_________________=0A From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com =0A[mailt
o:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Fred =0AKlein=0ASent
: Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:42 PM=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASubje
ct: Re: Europa-List: Tinnerman washers =0Aon cowling=0A=0AGregI be
lieve that conceptually, the tinnerman washer is designed to =0Afit into a
chamfered hole somewhat larger than the diameter of the fastenerth
is =0Awill automatically bring the perimeter surface of the washer down to
the surface =0Aof your cowl. =C2- =0A=0AI take it that when you use the w
ord, =9Cflush=9D, this is what you mean, given =0Athat the thic
kness of the tinnerman is so very thin.=0A=0AIf, on the other hand, you
=99re ruminating on whether or not to recess the =0Aentire face of the t
innerman, I=99d venture to opine that you may be =0A=9Coverhang
ing=9D.=0A=0A(Whoopssorrythat was meant to =0Abe=C2
-=9Coverthinking=9D, not=C2-=9Coverhanging=9D.)
=0A=0AI have never examined a stock Europa cowl, but I do believe it is sol
=====