Re: Europa-List: Tinnerman washers on cowling

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tinnerman washers on cowling
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 12:08:59
Greg=0Aif you do go this way, mix a bit of flox in the micro-balloons to gi
ve =0Ait some wear resistance=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A______________________
__________=0A From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>=0ATo: europa-l
ist@matronics.com =0ASent: Friday, 22 August 2014, 11:51=0ASubject: RE: Eur
opa-List: Tinnerman washers on cowling=0A =0A=0A=0AHmm..good idea. I'll be
staring at the items tomorrow to try =0Ato figure out how to proceed..=0A
=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: owner-europa-list-server@ma
tronics.com =0A[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of
 GRAHAM =0ASINGLETON=0ASent: Friday, August 22, 2014 2:54 AM=0ATo: europa-l
ist@matronics.com=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Tinnerman washers =0Aon cowli
ng=0A=0A=0ACountersink =0Athe cowling enough to sit the Twasher flat on the
 cowl then fill to level it =0Aoff=0Aand leave a recess for the rim of the
washer. =0AEasy to do if you are =0Aobsessed with the boundary layer. Proba
bly it is already disturbed=0Aby the =0Athrashing propeller anyway so nice
appearance is the only =0Aadvantage.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A_______________
_________________=0A From: Greg =0AFuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>=0ATo
: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Friday, 22 August 2014, =0A10:45=0ASub
ject: RE: Europa-List: =0ATinnerman washers on cowling=0A=0A=0A=0AI am in f
act- ruminating about recessing =0Athe entire face of the tinnerman. I gues
s it's good to know I may =0Abe=C2-overthinking this one. =0ARegards, and
 =0AGood luck with the final stages of your =0Abuild,=0AGreg (back on track
)=0A=C2-=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: owner-europa-list
-server@matronics.com =0A[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On
 Behalf Of Fred =0AKlein=0ASent: Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:42 PM=0ATo: eu
ropa-list@matronics.com=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Tinnerman washers =0Aon
 cowling=0A=0AGregI believe that conceptually, the tinnerman washe
r is designed to =0Afit into a chamfered hole somewhat larger than the diam
eter of the fastenerthis =0Awill automatically bring the perimeter
 surface of the washer down to the surface =0Aof your cowl. =C2- =0A=0AI
take it that when you use the word, =9Cflush=9D, this is what y
ou mean, given =0Athat the thickness of the tinnerman is so very thin.=0A
=0AIf, on the other hand, you=99re ruminating on whether or not to re
cess the =0Aentire face of the tinnerman, I=99d venture to opine that
 you may be =0A=9Coverhanging=9D.=0A=0A(Whoopssorry
that was meant to =0Abe=C2-=9Coverthinking=9D, not=C2
-=9Coverhanging=9D.)=0A=0AI have never examined a stock Europ
a cowl, but I do believe it is solid FG, =0Anot a foam core sandwich.=0A=0A
Fred=0A=0A=0Ahttp://www.ma"nofollow"; =0Atarget="_blank" href="http://fo
rums.matronics.com/">http://f========== =0A=0A=0Ahref
="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List";>http://www.matronhref
="http://forums.matronics.com";>http://forums.matronics.com=0Ahref="http