Europa-List: Re: DOOR detached during flight

Subject: Europa-List: Re: DOOR detached during flight
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 14:59:53

Hi Group

  FWIW I used a single passive pin and striker made out of Stainless for the
center
of the door. The door has a high enough factor of "wiggleation" to easily
allow engagement when closing:
http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=29082&g2_page=3
(near top)
  If the rear shoot isn't engaged, my bet would be that the door is going to
depart
in flight even with the passive pin.
  BTW I used a modified McMaster suction cup (a little below middle of page 3
link)
for a door pull handle. If an extension rope is needed it's EZ added.
  In addition to using checklist to check door before take off, I added McMaster
switches to the rear shoot:
http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=29497
(near bottom)
These are very nice water resistant high quality switches, the same I'm using on
my outriggers and Beechcraft uses for their gear interlocks. My business is
copiers. Over the years I have seen Osram and many other low time switches go
flaky and not make all the time (minimal, moderate and near rated current draw).
Thus far I never had a problem with the outrageous expensive McMaster switches
I've used for applications I want tainted for best reliability.
Ron Parigoris

Read this topic online here: