RE: Europa-List: Re: DOOR detached during flight

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: DOOR detached during flight
From: Max Cointe Free <mcointe@free.fr>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 10:04:53

If the door was correctly fitted to open freely and the strut positioned in
such a way that there was not effort on the hinge when fully open, then
there is no reason (not enough efforts) that this hinge breaks in flight
when the door is closed. So it broke when the door opened then departed.
I did fly with a crack on one hinge for month before I replaced it... and
it's the other door who departed because of the rear pin not correctly
engaged!

Max  Cointe
mcointe@free.fr
F-PMLH Europa XS_TriGear
Kit #560-2003 912ULS/AirmasterAP332 520 hours

F-PLDJ DynAro MCR 4S
Kit #27-2002 912ULSFR/MTProp MTV7A 1650 heures