Re: Europa-List: Re: DOOR detached during flight

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: DOOR detached during flight
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 10:54:44
That's disappointing. I was sure when he demonstrated it to me that the rea
r bolt=0Ahad to go in if the latch was engaged.=0A=0AI spent several days d
esigning and building a third bolt midway along the rail. =0A(Paul McAllist
er's XS) On that one the bolts would not move unless the middle =0Abolt cou
ld enter its hole. Not really keen on it though, it weakens the rail and is
 really fiddly to do.=0A=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A___________________________
_____=0A=0A=0A=0A=0AThe little auxiliary latches you refer to on Mal's plan
e do not guarantee the proper engagement of the rear shoot bolts. -I have
 had several instances where the rear shoot bolt has not engaged properly b
ut so far it has been quite obvious at the time. - I find the doors are s
omewhat temperamental to temperature and how long they have been left open.
 -Most of the time they shut quite easily but sometimes they are the pits
 to shut from the inside and the little latches have no affect in respect o
f either.-=0A=0ACheers mate=0A=0AKingsley=0A=0A=0A=0ASent from my iPad=0A
=0AOn 4 Jul 2014, at 7:24 am, GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.
com> wrote:=0A=0A=0AYes. Mal McLure, years ago. =0A>Kingsley, do you have d